Pennsylvania AEA Launches Waxman-Markey Energy Tax Ad

The Waxman Markey Energy Tax is a tax on all carbon-based energy – coal, oil, and natural gas. That means that 80.4 percent of the energy that fuels the State of Pennsylvania will be taxed. Nearly all of the remaining 19.6 percent of Pennsylvania’s energy comes from carbon-free nuclear, hydroelectric power, and biomass. Unfortunately, nuclear, hydro power, and as much as half of Pennsylvania’s biomass energy don’t count as “clean, renewable” energy under the “clean, renewable” electricity mandate included in the Waxman-Markey Energy Tax. In fact, less than 2 percent of the energy used to generate electricity in Pennsylvania would be “government-approved” under the Waxman-Markey Energy Tax.

The text of the ad follows

Seems like all of us are working harder in this economy just to make ends meet.

But the politicians in Washington, DC don’t seem to get it – voting to bailout Wall Street – rather than helping Main Street.

And just when you think that it can’t get worse – some in Congress are now pushing an energy tax that would be the largest tax hike in history.

Studies show that the bill, known as the Waxman-Markey Energy Tax, could cost our family’s more than $3,100 per year in new taxes.

And that’s not all – this tax will further cripple our already struggling economy – costing more American jobs.

Higher taxes and more job losses – what could Congress be thinking?

Call Congressman Mike Doyle at (412) 261-5091.  Tell him that we can’t afford the Waxman-Markey Energy Tax.

Read the whole fact sheet here

Speak Your Mind


Anonymous says:
Your email has been received. Thank you for signing up.